LoneStar Speedway Transformation: Changes by 11/13 Event; Pictures Included
Kilgore TX (11/1/10) by DarinShort.com. The storied history of LoneStar Speedway continues, as the ½ mile speed plant is now being transformed to include a wide, banked ¼ mile track.
Track owners Sam and Lisa Hafertepe comment: “We like tracks of all sizes, and part of the appeal of reopening LoneStar Speedway was to offer area drivers a big, wide open track to race at. The reality is, the drivers in the area have equipment to compete on shorter tracks, but the majority of them don’t have the equipment to race regularly on a big track like this. We’re changing it to help accommodate their needs so every race team can come have a great night of racing at LoneStar Speedway – all season long.”
The track will be reconfigured in plenty of time for the upcoming 5th Annual Dustin Duncan Memorial event to be held on November 13th. An open practice will be held on November 12th so teams can get their cars dialed in to the new track size.
The ½ mile track will still be intact for the 2011 special events such as the Sprint Cars and Late Models.
To view several progress pictures of the transformation with the addition of the ¼ mile track, please see our photo gallery
Here are some quick facts for the November 13th event:
- $3,300 to win and $200 to start (33rd place) for Modifieds; $600 to win for Limited Modifieds and $400 to win for Factory Stocks. Complete details can be found at the event flyer link for Dustin Duncan Memorial: www.lonestarspeedway.com/downloads/1003/fi1003_2579.jpg
- Gates open at 3pm, races start at 6pm.
- General Admission $15
- Kids 6-12 (General Admission price only) $8
- Under 5 free with adult admission
- Military (present ID) and Senior Citizens (Gen. Admission seating, 65+) are $10
- All Reserved Section Seats are $18 for All Ages
- All Pit Passes $30
- No outside food/drink coolers are allowed inside, a full selection of economical food concessions, including beer, are available.
- Click www.LoneStarSpeedway.com for directions, class rules, event flyer and much more.
Don’t miss the final race of the year, held on the brand new ¼ mile track at LoneStar Speedway, with the running of the 5th Annual Dustin Duncan Memorial event paying $3,300 to win Modifieds starting 33 cars – it’s going to be a wild night of racing action!